As I went to make my afternoon smoothie that I love to make right before I workout, I realized I had very little for fruit in my fridge. I feel like that is something I always seem to have even after I buy a bunch of fruit in bulk. I try to use it as quick as possible so it doesn’t go to waste, but always seem to use it within a couple of days. I noticed that I had a lot of apples and they get boring to just eat on the side of a meal or for a snack. I decided to make it into a smoothie and it turned out AMAZING! I love apple pie and thought that would be a great smoothie. Let me know what you think and if you would like to see more!
- 1 Large apple
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (give or take, I like more but it’s your smoothie!)
- 1 vanilla yogurt (I have also tried it with coconut yogurt!)
- 1 cup of ice
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cut apple into small pieces and add to blender along with the rest of the ingredients. Blend and add ice or milk until it is the consistency that you like. Enjoy!
- This smoothie can be changed with what you have as well. I have done it with no yogurt or if you want to add some greens, spinach is a great green to add that doesn’t change the flavor just the color.
- Tastes best if you drink outside on a sunny day while taking some time for yourself!