These bars have been made by my mother so many times growing up. I would come home from school and smell the sweet banana and see the creamy frosting and want to devour the entire pan. I hope these bars can be something that becomes a memory for you as well. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream (8 oz)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 to 4 cups confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in bananas. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. For Frosting, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Gradually beat in enough confectioners’ sugar to achieve a desired consistency. Frost bars.
- Store in refrigerator. Yield: 3-4 dozen. Great to freeze and use for later date!